Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 28 Nov 1996 01:22:36 -0500 (EST)
From:         ERIC ZENO <emz@pgh.nauticom.net>
Subject:      Re: vanagon exhaust systems

On Tue, 26 Nov 1996, Jean (John) Denis P.Eng wrote:

> Gerry, > Hi, I work with the Stebro Exhausts company and we noticed a little while ago that > there do'nt seem to be any good quality and reasonably priced replacement Vanagon > mufflers and pipes. We are thinking about tooling up to produce Vanagon systems > (manifold pipes & mufflers) in stainless steel. If - there is demand and it makes > economic sense for us.

Well my E-Mail is screwed up again, so I have to make this short. I have 2 Vanagons. Both 1986. 1 is a Syncro. I will be greatful to have a SS exhaust. I would even like to market them here in the Pgh. area for you, If that's in your practic. > > What we would like to know from owner/enthusiasts is: how many of you would be > interested and what do each of you feel is a reasonable price to pay? If we get enuf > enquiries (have had only 4-5 so far) and can make a system for what people feel is a > reasonable price - then we will do it. > What is reasonable? Well I would say REASONABLE would be about 150% of a replacement. But you will have a captive market, just don't price your self out of it. I just made a universal muffler fit my 2 wheel drive Vanagon, ( about $22.00), the original would have cost $125. A little work and now I have $100 to spend.

Advertize on this list and I an sure it will sell! Don't forget the Syncro needs a different front head pipe. Maybe you can make it work with 2wd and 4wd.

Eric Zeno