Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 26 Nov 1996 14:47:01 -0800
From:         Robert King <rdking@mail.arc.nasa.gov>
Subject:      re: Place for out-of-print owners manuals

>I just ordered a NOS Owners Manual for my '64 Standard/Microbus from Sun >Bugs, don't have the address/phone number here, but it is someplace in >deepest California, they had a flyer in a recent NEATO newsletter. >$38, included shipping. >

>Tom F.

I actually meant reply to this a little earlier but work, work, work...

Anyway, Sun Bugs is run by a guy called Rex Eastmann who I've had a little to do with for various reasons (more news soon...stay tuned) and he has O.E.M. Owner's Manuals from 1960-1979 in stock with prices ranging from $20-$50.

The other things he has that I thought were sorta cool were some pewter 23 window and crew cabs and (believe or not) original style coveralls and workshirts (I want some coveralls for Christmas - am I getting somewhat obsessed?). He also flogs t-shirts and trinkets and 'the usual' stuff.

He normally sells wholesale but says he wouldn't mind handling direct mail orders for manuals or other......the no. for Sun Bugs is (209) 742-6789.

I hope this doesn't read like a blatant plug but he is a nice 'straight up' guy and the one of the few I've met in the VW 'business' who doesn't seem to have a fin and look like a great white!

Rob K.

---------------------------- Robert King rdking@mail.arc.nasa.gov (work) spectro@hooked.net (home)