Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 1 Nov 96 19:31:35 EST
From:         Sean Bartnik <sbart7kb@www.mwc.edu>
Subject:      PUMP WORKING!!  Now someone tell me why...

Hey all, OK, I got the pump working! But I can't figure out exactly what the hell I did.

OK, I noticed that when I would turn on the pump, I would hear a click emanating from the region of the LED panel and the panel lights woudl go out. So I pulled the panel out of there and followed the wiring back. Well, back as far as I could see anyway.

So, regardless of how anybody else's Westy is set up, mine is set up thusly (and came that way, no weird PO wiring here). You must have 3 liters or more water in the tank, and the LED panel must be turned on. The manual says so and I have found this to be true. I have gotten confilcting answers to this aspect of things, so I guess it all depends, but this is how it's set up on mine.

At any rate, I stuck my head in the under-sink cabinet and tugged on a coupel wiring harnesses to see where I was and then I found one that I though might help (help what I can't remember) so I unplugged it. Now that I've done this, the sink works flawlessly! What the hell?!

So, all those with Westy wiring diagrams, tell me what the hell I've unplugged. I guess it's not too important. The way it works now is that as long as the LED panel is switched on, the water pump works great. If the LED panel is turned off, the pump doesn't operate.

Description of what I've unplugged: look under the sink and you will see in the upper left hand corner area a wiring harness that joins another harness with a plastic plug. The lower part has two red wires, one black wire, and one white wire. The upper has some browns and blues, I think. The lower connecter is the female end and has three connections in it. I unplugged these connectors and now the thing works. So, I want to know what these connectors connect!

Anybody that can help, I'd really appreciate it. I like the fact that it works, but I don't like the fact that I don't know why.

Sean