Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 08 Nov 96 11:48:00 E
From:         "Lebron,Nathan" <nlebron@troy.cobe.com>
Subject:      RE: Want A List Coffee Mug???

Hey put me down.

Nate El Great

---------- >From: vanagon[SMTP:vanagon@lenti.med.umn.edu] Sent: Friday, November 08, 1996 9:54 AM To: Multiple recipients of list Subject: Want A List Coffee Mug???

Howdy all, here's something to think about. Several folks have asked about printing list coffee mugs, so I, being the glutton for punishment that I am, and ever wanting to serve the bus community, have looked into it. First, let me say that I don't drink coffee myself, so I have no idea how much these things should cost. What I'm doing right now is putting out feelers to see what you all think about this idea. I'd like as much feedback as I can get to see if I can even do it. I really need 50-75 orders to do it for a reasonable cost. Anyway, I see there being 3 options: 1. Standard ceramic coffee mug - nice, decorative, and fun for the office or home use, but that's about it. 2. Wide-bottomed plastic insulated travel mug, with lid. This also seems appealing for bus drivers. This will not tip over as easily, and has a lid so you can use it while enjoying your bus! 3. Funky tapered insulated plastic mug, shaped to fit in standard skinny car cup holders.(with lid) This also seems appealing for Bus use, but my bus, (split) and I don't think late models, have cup holders... Also, a design must be chosen, between the Air Cooled Search & Rescue Team, or the standard 4 bus Netvergnu:gen design, which would cost a bit more, since it has more colors. A new design would be cool, but also cost a bit more for new artwork production. The cost I'm told would be about $6.00, which would go down as the quantity ordered goes up. I'm also worried about shipping, though. Whereas a shirt will ship nicely stuffed into an envelope, these will probably require a box and packaging, which adds a couple bucks to the picture. Actual postage would probably be the same on top of that. Anyway, the final cost would be between $9.00 and $11.00. I don't know if that's a lot or not, but that's just roughly what I'm figuring. If a lot of folks order, It'll be cheaper. I can also look into mass shipping. Anyway, I just thought I'd throw this out, being Friday and all. Feel free to have a mass debate as to the various pros and cons of such a modest proposal, and we'll see what comes of it. Thanks, and happy Friday! :)

-- Poor Richard http://www4.ncsu.edu/eos/users/r/rapalmer/www/ "I spend half my life explaining to Christians why I'm a Deadhead, and the other half explaining to Deadheads why I'm a Christian." _______ .--------------/_______\-----. `/""""/""""/|""|'|""||""| '\ Richard Palmer / / / |__| |__||__| | rapalmer@unity.ncsu.edu /----------=====================| '67 Walkthrough Pop-top- | \ /V\ / _. | Nellie, the Wild Goose |()\ \W/ /() _ _ | '68 Crew Cab | \ / / \ / \ | _-( ) =C========C==_| ) |--------| ) |==] _-{_}_) \_\_/__.. \_\_/_ \_\_/ \_\_/__.__. Give me the simple life.