Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 08 Nov 1996 16:50:42 -0500
From:         karen brown <kpb@gnv.ifas.ufl.edu>

Can anyone recommend something for the stomach for when you leap on an '84 Westy in "excellent shape" that supposedly has 35k original miles on it which turns out to be bulls**t and the price goes from $4500 to $5000 before you complete the deal as the owner has had the transmission rebuilt suddenly but has no warranty as a buddy did it and then the first time you fill the gas tank it spills out all over the pavement and the dash lights don't work and the speedo doesn't work and ALL the brakes need replacement and the second time you use the zipper in the pop top it completely comes apart in your hand (on your first camping trip during a thunderstorm) and people keep listing what look to be much better deals all over the country and now the back-up lights either don't work at all or they stay on all the time (making people behind me VERY nervous) and now we should all feel guilty since VW's were invented by Nazis anyways?????

KB-'84 Westy, the "Brown Beast" (on bad days) but I love her anyways and all the postings to this list have made me feel much better since misery, especially with a healthy dose of humor, loves company, and I've gotten good answers to all of my questions. Anyone ever notice the "stubborn expression" (I know, it's anthropomorphic) on the front of a mid-80's VW van?