Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 8 Nov 1996 14:49:01 -0700 (MST)
From:         vanbondo@primenet.com (Rusty VanBondo)
Subject:      Re: New Book Examines Volkswagen's Nazi Years

The article in question made onto page A2 of this morning's Arizona Republic newspaper. My passing question was whether or not the author or the AP Wire Service had/have any connections to the <striking> General Motors Corporation in either a real fiscal or "good ol' boy~golfing buddy" sense. The article seemed to hit on the aspects of slave labor and how F. Porsche walked through the plants without emotion etc. Give me a break! It's not like Dr. Porsche didn't have an inferred <Nazi> gun to his head. Personally I am sorry for ever bad thing that has ever happened to anyone who ever has graced this planet. (I feel my heart bleeding as I type) ;-) To equate *my* association with and affinity toward the VW products <excepting my '80 vanagon> with a tyrannical dictatorship is lunacy! I will do everything I can to prevent such thing from reoccurring <my '80 vanagon> but I refuse to feel guilty for driving an overall well designed and funky vehicle.

BTW: Do the Chicanos/should the Chicanos feel guilt over their vague association with the Spanish Conquistadors who raged all over the Native Americans? Should they not ride older "Zeus" brand Spanish manufactured racing ten speeds because of it? Um, never mind. Let's not "go there." I chose a P.O.S. Fujica 35mm camera in 1972 instead of the original K1000 because Pentax was associated with the manufacturing of napalm at the time. I have been stuck with trying to find flippin' screw mount lenses ever since!

-VanBondo Never Again! Never Again! <my '80 Vanagon, Fujica's low end cameras, and misc. Holocausts>