Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 11 Nov 1996 17:18:43 -0500
From:         Derek Drew <drew@interport.net>
Subject:      Re: aux. battery

At 11:59 PM 11/1/96 EST, you wrote: >Status: RO > >Don't forget folks that I found a huge 150 amp hour or something along those >lines deep cycle excide battery to fit under the drivers seat. I sent in a >post to the list about a year ago or so on this model and the considerations >cause it does stick up higher than the tray but this can be accommodated >with little downside at the end of the day. It was an exide, I think like >group 27 size, and only the cheaper of the two exides of that size actually fit. >___________________________________ >Derek Drew New York, NY >drew@interport.net (main address for e-mail) >derekdrew@aol.com (alternate/backup, checked infrequently) > >Derek, >Sounds interesting. About how much did this battery cost? What kind of

$69?

>mods are needed to make it fit in the aux. tray?

Remove tray cover. Trim away corner of swivel base for drivers seat so that seat can still turn without hitting the battery (you trim the right rear corner off the seat with a sawzall or similar device). Spray paint sawed edge of seat swivel base with black paint. Hammer narrow mounting strip for tray cover into the upright position against the woodwork to the rear.

Optional: buy a pie tin to put over the battery, cut front edge of tin if needed, and coat with same color grey rug material.