Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 12 Nov 1996 10:38:25 -0500
From:         Tom Forhan <tforhan@pipeline.com>
Subject:      Propex Status Report

I got an update from Propex this AM.

They expect to ship the heaters this Friday - not quite on the original schedule, but that was based on five units, and we ended up ordering twenty. Seems they had to scurry around a bit to 'round up all the parts.

I also got some better shipping estimates. These prices include pickup at the factory, all the UK paperwork, and airfreight to the airport of choice. For the one unit going directly to Canada, its expensive: 90 Pounds, about $US144. For the US group, the quote was for *Dallas*, not *Dulles* (near Washington DC). I presume the price will go down a tad once this is corrected since Dulles is closer to England, but distance does not affect all the various cost elements of international air freight.

All that said, the bid was 275 Pounds, about $440, or well under $25 a unit. That does not include customs duty and handling charges on this end which will probably be around $35 each, and many of you will be dealing with UPS charges to your home address as well. Still, it looks good for the total shipping costs being well below the $100/unit I had advised prospective purchasers to budget.

If they actually ship this Friday, remember this is airfreight, not Federal Express. Figure a a couple of days for these things to sit around each airport, being consolidated into larger shipments, waiting for paperwork, etc. I will be very pleased if we can pick them up a week after they leave the factory.

I hope to install mine almost immediately. We want to go camping for a few days after Thanksgiving!

Everybody got their extra battery installed?

Tom F.