Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 15 Nov 1996 21:18:32 -0800
From:         Tonya Pope <galba@premier.net>
Subject:      Coolant sensor--thanks!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

Great thanks to all of you that offered such detailed instructions to this novice regarding the coolant temp sensor for FI. Thanks to your information, I found the little bugger and successfully swapped it out for the new one. Must have had my vanagon at just the right angle too. (Sarcasm here) Must have been a good two gallons of coolant that came rushing out! Didn't have to worry about local pets n such though, I had some environmentally friendly/non-phosphate stuff that won't kill the kritters in my system. Anyway, refilled it and bled the air out. Will maneuver in my driveway quite well.

Will keep you posted on the second problem (lack of power after driving extended period). Can't test it to see if sensor helped until Monday. Thanks for the info Joel on technical bulletin, but I already knew about it and had it installed. That harness was the 'magic sensor harness' that I was referring to in my original post.

The old sensor was original (based on what appears to be a date stamp on the side "3-86"). And boy did it look ugly--all rust color instead of shiny silver color.

Thanks again for your words of wisdom!

Tonya 87 Vanagon GL (on the road to recovery?) 74 S. Beetle