Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 18 Nov 1996 20:18:54 -0500
From:         Jeff Diebolt <jdiebolt@up.net>
Subject:      Re: Diesel Westy: How slow?

Yes it's slow, about like driving the older air cooled VWs. But I don't think it's as slow as a 1600. I also had a 1982 van and the diesel seems to be as fast as that. It will pass over 55, about 65 tops speed though so you have to plan ahead whne you want to pass. It's a bit of a bother sometime when there is alot of traffic in the other lane, but we love the van. At 04:43 PM 11/17/96 -0600, Philip Morris wrote: >I only drive diesels, Rabbits, Jettas and now a lovely 78 Mercedes. >Am looking at a diesel westy and have been reading this group for the >past two months or so. > >How slow is it really? Is it like a 71-71 Westy (single carb, 1600 >aircooled?) or is it slower. One person told me it can't pass 55. >That seems impossible, but if true would effect my decision. > >Thanks for any input you are willing to send. The one I am looking at >has 2500 miles or so on a new engine. > > Greetings from Michigan's Upper Peninsula Jeff & Jean-Marie Diebolt jdiebolt@up.net