Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 19 Dec 1996 09:29:01 -0500
From:         Dino Kubik <KubikD@em.agr.ca>
Subject:      Bug List Server,  Draining batteries & Blue

Drove a '69 Bug home last nite & will winter store it for "the sweetie". Shit-- I drove one of those tin coffins thousands of miles in the late 70's -- actually got it up to 97 mph!!! Sobriety provides an entirely new perspective.

Hoping that Tara will trust me enough to allow me to put platinum plugs and synthetic oil in her Bug and do the valve adjustments!!! That will be the true test of our relationship.

The guy who sold the Bug (Dr Herbert Goltz) was telling stories about his first '54 Bus with 23 windows; doing the German-English & English-German translation during his Wolfsberg factory tour when the VW translator missed a day at work and he was picking up a new '65 Bug; and, seeing a Bus dropped 6 feet during ship-side loading.

Does anyone have the dope on a BUG list server?

In "Keeping your VW Alive" Muir or Tosh says to drain the battery for storage. Any advice or instruction?

Any advice on the colour blue? The colour of the Bug is a blue that has been called:

"Florida Blue" by the previous owner based on what the body shop told him;

"Robin Egg Blue" by VW mechanic Gunther Luddeke; and

"Bahama Blue" in a model catalogue selling metallic scale Bugs.

Regards

Dino

PS

I settled on "Rust Check" for the '89 Westie Syncro despite the history of Ziebart use by previous owner..