Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 24 Dec 1996 16:09:18 -0500
From:         "Charles Michaux." <cmichaux@carolinanet.com>
Subject:      Bad Christmas Eve!

Hi Everyone,

Today I walked outside to get into my van and noticed a small leak from the engine. After closer inspection I have a leaking head. It is a '91 Westy with 37,000 miles. I would think the heads should last longer than that. My '86 Westy had 230,000 miles on it before I replaced the head gaskets. Should I call VWoA. If so who do you talk to? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Charles Michaux '91 Westy (37K - VanGo)

---------- > From: Rob <becida@gtii.com> > To: Multiple recipients of list <vanagon@lenti.med.umn.edu> > Subject: The Syncro and the Snow > Date: Tuesday, December 24, 1996 1:50 PM > > Hello Volks, > Snowing here in northern Michigan today. Started this morning, was raining > last nite. The well head is now covered up, this morning about 4" were > showing and it's still coming down. > Had to go driving this morning, around town stuff, drop off the wife at > work, pick up a daughter at a friends and do that last minute shopping. For > around town stuff I usually use the $100 honda (that's what it's for). Went > out in the honda this morning, it did not take long to realize I should > have taken the bus! Went home and changed cars, the '86 syncro is made for > snow. Did the rest of the running around, The syncro works great! It had > been awhile since I had to drive in the snow, ice and slush, comfortable > and smooth. I have had it slide on ice in past years but in this type of > weather the bus can't be beat. > Going from the honda to the VW the differences were noticeable. > I just had to tell someone. > Thanks for listening. > Merry Christmas to all and to all a good VW kind of day. > > Rob