Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 26 Dec 1996 20:46:36 -0800
From:         Todd Francis <tbf@pacifier.com>
Subject:      Christmas Eve Breakdown

Hi All, I hope your Christms was enjoyable as ours, although we did have one little hitch. Becky and I always travel to Olympia (about 110 miles north of home) on Christmas eve for a get together with my family. We left the party at about 11:30PM and expected to be home at 1:30. I got within 20 miles of home and broke a water hose under the Vanagon. It was bad enough that I couldn't continue, and after A half hour of tinkering and trying to fix it (in a driving rainstorm) enough to limp home I decided to call a friend to come and tow me home. I got the poor guy out of bed at 2:00AM on Christmas Morning. What are friends for? He showed up with a smile on his face and we towed my Westy home(he understands, he is a longtime VW owner also). I am privlaged to have such good friends. We got home at 3:30 and had to be up at 7:30 to start preparation of the Turkey dinner for Becky's family who spent Christmas day at our house. We had a good time with the family but were beat by the time everyone left. The Westy is sheepishly sitting in the driveway awaiting repairs. I have half a mind to just let her sit!! Apparently I was a good boy last year. Becky gave me a really cool copper 3D weathervane that is shaped like a VW bug. It even has a license plate with my name on it! I wish you all a Happy New Year!!

Todd Francis 91 Tristar 86 Westy Syncro with no coolant