Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 29 Dec 1996 09:58:41 -0500
From:         "Dave T. Richards" <us014471@pop3.interramp.com>
Subject:      Wilderness Camping

I am a Amateur Radio operater and 3 times a year I take part in VHF contests which means spending 3 days on top of a mountain somewhere and making as many long distance contacts as possible (i have done very well so far) up till now i have used my Jeep for this purpose but since I now have a westie I will be using that for first time i mid January I have some questions that I hope you guys can help me with the answers The mountain I will be using is 3500 ft and in a remote part of Virginia my question are: 1. I dont have time to buy and install a propex heater so what other forms of heat can you suggest (it will be really cold up there) 2.what advice do you have about water? my options are to use the westie tank or take a seperate 6 gall container i am concerned about water freezing or if there is enough heet from the first question will i be alll right?

3. my dometic fridge doesnt have any of the inside shelves etc I would like to know a source for these and also if some one could describe them to me so that maybe i can make some for instace is there a way of making ice in the fridge? and are there some sort of retainers in the door?

4. what are the best snow chains to use and where can i get them looking for some thing that is easy to install in the field and are a snug fit.

well thats all i can think of for now so if any of you mountain toppers can give me any more help I would be Gratefull Dave WR3I 86 WESTIE -- ------------------------------------- Name: Dave (WR3I) E-mail: us014471@pop3.interramp.com (David Trevor Richards) Date: 09/12/95 Time: 21:47:25

This message was sent by Chameleon -------------------------------------