Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 30 Dec 1996 15:58:11 -0800
From:         busgirl@netcom.com (Martha)
Subject:      CCC's 1/17-19,Tahoe

Remember that our next outing is coming up soon - Jan. 17-19 in the Tahoe area, near Homewood. We'll be at the family cabin of list member Jeffrey Carver and family (thanks!), and I'll post directions ahead of the date, so you'll know how to get there.

Please remember that this is a no-smoking facility.

Also, in light of recent weather conditions, I suggest you all consider renting or buying chains or cables for your vehicles. I bought a set at Auto Parts Club for about $20, which I thought was very reasonable.

Closer to the date, I'll post again the info Jeff kindly provided me with concerning the cabin's amenities and nearby possible activities.

Here's a list of those proposing to attend:

Coyote Ron Lussier and Dan Bradley Prunehead Sam Williams Eugene Palmer me, etc. Ann Prunehead Sky Greenawlt Dave Kautz and family Steve/Linda Johnsons Jack Stafford? Joel Walker? Kathy Myers/Mark Blanchard? Wagners? Holsers? Bren Smith?

--

Cost, as mentioned before, will not be prohibitive. We're all splitting the approx $80 snow plow fee. If it snows heavily, we may have to go for this a second round. Plus, there will be a utility charge of $10 per person, which covers your stay for the weekend. Even though this weekend may be a 3 day one for some of you, our stay will be Friday and Saturday evenings.

--

At the last outing, a motion was made for an Asian culinary theme, which I think sounds great. This of course includes many countries - Japan, China, Thailand, Burma, etc, and should open up a lot of possibilities. We'll talk more about the potluck contributions as the time gets closer, but if anyone wants to sign up now, please feel free to do so.

More later...

/martha