Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 3 Dec 1996 19:19:06 -0500
From:         limbo@bcn.net (Jim Digennaro)
Subject:      air bags, My .02 worth

Hi Volks, I happen to notice a thread recently about passenger side air bags. I thought I would throw in my .02 worth. Anyway, I aggree that childern shouldn't sit in the front seat of any car with air bags. Definitly bad news. i saw a story on the news the other nite about a child being kill after the passenger airbag went off. Unforunatly it was in a Jetta and the crash wasn't even that bad as far as damage was concerned. (bad press for VW) Your right about it being the parents responsiblity for the childs safty. That goes for even seat belts. I've never been a big fan of seat belt laws, but I do think they are a good idea for kids. Kids cannot be responsible nor are they in control in situations like that and the law works for them. I noticed that 'Generous Motors' started installing off switches in their '97 trucks. I guess that sometimes you can't get around not putting a child in the front seat. Someone said something about putting the bag back after it has gone off. Well, from what I can tell one the bag goes off it destroys the dash and front window as well as the steering wheel. The first time I saw a car after a cash and the airbag went off I thought the poor guy went through the window. (I didn't know it had a passenger airbag at the time) Well, I guess I'll step down form my soap box.

BTW, did anyone see the Vanagon on the X-Files last Sunday? (VW content)=) Take care.

-Jim Digennaro ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ LiMBO, The Late Model Bus Organization, international

James Digennaro, LiMBO Treasurer, Merchandise sales and On-Line REP. 20 First St Adams, MA 01220 '82 'GTI' Westfalia LiMBO LINE: (413) 743-1814 E-mail: limbo@bcn.net 'The Volkswagen Disc Jockey' URL: http://www.bcn.net/~limbo/

'Transporters By The Tunnel' A fun camping event held in July ------------------------------------------------------------------------------