Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 5 Dec 96 16:49:48 -0800
From:         vince_pappalardo@om.cv.hp.com
Subject:      Re: Blower fans

Item Subject: Blower fans Hi Bob,

Are there any specific Audi 4000 years that would fit an 84GL Vanagon or would any Audi 4000 fit any Vanagon? If you have replaced the blower on the '84GL you own, how hard was it? I am told you have to take the dash completle apart and break some plastic clips in order to change the fan. I have not looked into it yet, but the PO removed the front fan speed control knob because it blew a fuse anytime the fan was turned on. I suspect the motor has a short and it will have to be replaced. Sorry to ramble on. . . but any advice/info you have would be helpful.

TIA Vince '84 VW GL Westy '90 Mit. Eclipse GSX

______________________________ Reply Separator _________________________________ Subject: Blower fans Author: Non-HP-vanagon (vanagon@lenti.med.umn.edu) at HP-Corvallis,shargw1 Date: 12/1/96 5:10 AM

Add the Audi 4000 to the list of possible donor cars that have the same heater fan as a Vanagon. There is a plug instead of spade connectors on the motor, and the guy who spent an hour+ pulling it in the rain cursed my name, but by the end of today, I'll have a heater again.

Bob 84GL, 85GL + loose engine.

Bob O'Shaughnessy oshaug@infinet.com 72632.432@compuserve.com