Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 6 Dec 1996 09:19:36 -0500 (EST)
From:         "James R. Wetzel" <jrwetz@planetx.bloomu.edu>
Subject:      Boy am I dumb.

Well I ran over myself last week. How does one do this? Easy! You see I live on Main street dowtown and I have to park on the street. I come out to walk the dog and I see "Joe Redneck" and his 85 foot dual axle I wanna be a cowboy pickup in front of the Westy. I say to myself, "there is no way he got into my spot without hitting my front bumper. Igo and check and sure enough, a ding from his trailer hitch. So, rather than nuking this mud covered tank, I decide to be a pacifist and simply open the door and release the break to let my van back a little bit. (you can see where this is going.) Well I have only had the van about 3 months and I forgot about the wheel being so close. Next thing I know I have the Westy on my Foot. Yes I am yelling very loudly at this point. Don't forget I have the dog in the other hand on a leash on Main street. Well it is about 6 am. and not a sole in sight. So, being the educated mechanic I am, I decided to try and turn the key to pop it off my foot. No luck, the emergency break is on and it catches hard. Well let's try and role it off by letting the emergency break off all the way. More pain and now it is really on top of me. Well finally I decide to continue to try and pop it numerous times and I finally get it to where I can yank my foot out. BIG black mark on the old shoe and Lot's of pain. Realize I accomplished this extraction one handed (and one footed). Well needless to say we won't be doing that again anytime soon. And yes, I was well within the confines of my front and back white lines for my space originally. I hate pickup trucks. And there damn drivers. Hope your laughing cause I gat a kick out of it. Anybody know the gross weight of the front end of an 83.5. Have a good weekend.