Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 06 Dec 1996 11:53:08
From:         EXPRES@gnn.com (Ron Salmon)
Subject:      Re: EVLN(Matsushita Develops Fuel-Fired EV Heater) (fwd)

The below was reposted on the Air Cooled list, having been previously posted on an electric vehicle list. I suspect that the advent of the mass-produced electric car will be a boon for those of us wishing for heat in our air-cooled VW's. After all, an electric car has the same lack-of-hot-water heating problem an A/C VW has, and electric heat (for now) is too inefficient even for an electric car, which leaves fuel-fired heaters, etc. With the US Government mandating electric car production, and the big corperations in Japan and the US scrambling to make the cars comfortable (including HEAT) and affordable, inexpensive non-hot-water car heaters may someday be a reality again.

-Ron Salmon