Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 16 Dec 1996 13:22:33 -0800
From:         Norman_Leong@BayNetworks.COM (Norman Leong)
Subject:      Re: 97 EV sightings

Hal R. said:

>Let's keep these sightings and related info as a kind of continuing search >until we know one way or the other what VW is planning to do.

They (Winnebago) ARE bringing in the VR6 EV, presumably w/ the cab and chassis; perhaps some resourceful soul can get ahold of one of these from Winnebago and make something simple, like a single cab pickup or something...

>From a practical POV, VW (probably) wouldn't import the regular EV in any trim level unless there was some market/pricepoint that it could fill competitively. Considering '93 EVs were about mid-teens to maybe mid twenties new, and the new Winnie EV is, what, mid to high thirties, a reg- ular VR6 EV in the mid to high twenties price range might be a bit much for the "regular" minivan crowd to bear. And we all know that there aren't enough of us listers or list lurkers to make it worthwhile for VW to pull this off.

I'm not hopeful of seeing the VR6 EV stateside, but I think the TDI EV would be a pretty slick addition to the lineup, but one that's not likely to happen either...

Norman

OA/NT Sys. Sppt. nleong@baynetworks.com "@#&$...Hold your line!"