Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 20 Dec 1996 11:08:39 +0200
From:         zeidler@NTCNTG02DU.ntc.nokia.com (Zeidler Helmut NTC/Dusseld.)
Subject:      Re: What cruise control system should I

Richard,

There is a big mistake in your mail according to the serial number:

KBA-ABE 95.004. means:

KBA Kraftfahrtbundesamt Department for vehicle approvals in Germany ABE Allgemeine Betriebserlaubnis This allows you to use this equipment on German cars without additional approvals at TUV 95. Year or approval 004 running number

The price will be in the range of DM 300.00 to DM 400.00 in Germany.

Helmut '80 Camper ---------- >From: richard.lumb To: Multiple recipients of list Subject: Re: What cruise control system should I Date: Friday, 20 Dec, 1996 1:21

Fred Porter asked...

> What aftermarket cruise control systems have you > installed in your vanagons?

I've got an aftermarket VDO unit in my '86 Westy. No complaints so far: it's responsive & easy to use. The amplifier is hidden away behind the glove box and the control box (2''x1.5''x1'') sits right next to the instrument pod.

The only problem to date has been the foot switch on the clutch pedal wearing out (it's in a rubber blister screwed directly to the pedal rubber) - I replaced it with a microswitch glued directly to the pedal lever.

The model is VDO Tempostat, serial number KBA-ABE 95.004. No idea about price, sorry.

Regards,

Rich Lumb '86 2.1 Kat Westy