Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 21 Dec 1996 14:23:35 -0800 (PST)
From:         Aaron Robinson <arobinso@linknet.kitsap.lib.wa.us>
Subject:      '85 Wouldn't start -- suggestions

I was driving home from school yesterday. It was a nice long drive across all of Eastern Washington on unsanded snow and Ice the whole way. The van did fine the whole way over. It never missed a beat...but over on the wast side of the mountains after about 7 hours of driving 60 or so, I stopped at a store. I came out and tried to start it. It turned over just fine, but wouldn't start. It didnt' even try to catch. I tried for about 15 minutes, giving it long breaks between starting and still nothing. I stopped trying bought a paper, and tried again in 30 minutes...still nothing.

I was tired and I had already missed the last ferry to go home, so I just rolled to the other side of the lot and slept there for the night.

Thenext morning It started right up wihtout any problems. It did run a little rough for a miute, but ran just fine otherwise. I caught the ferry and made it home no problem.

Has anybody else experienced somethign like this...it has plenty of battery, but wont even think of starting? Any suggestions on things to check out?

Thanks Aaron Robinson