Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 23 Dec 1996 09:37:06 -0500
From:         Dino Kubik <KubikD@em.agr.ca>
Subject:      Radio & Electronic Anti-Theft Security Code

Well....mankind has done some stupit thinks (no a mispelling ) & here are two of them:

1. VW has this %^&*ing EAS system in radios- (service guy at parts say see my problem alot)

2.I did not keep my my code in van.

Can you help with a way to unlock the secreat to music???? Tried a night in the freezer - no go!

BACKGROUND RANTINGS While on a family outing put a frozen tape in a frozen radio & it jammed on fast forward - pulled the fuse to stop the unit from burning out -put fuse in to get back interior lights -tried code once- left children in van-children tried code once and one half-got home found code-got 2 of 5 didgets entered and was "locked-out"

I will be making an eight hour trip to Cape Breton Island with no radio, no tunes !!!!

Dealer wants C$120 and says it has to be shipped.

And advice, comments , suggestions, or co-miseration?????

EVEN MORE RANTING Got: no tunes; no radio;.......... no guru; no method; no teacher; just me and nature in the Westie, with the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit,...........Think I'll be singing a pile of "Van the Man" tunes while following my star to Cape Breton Island.

CHRISTMAS RANTING "Celebrate the Joy"

Dino KubiK '89 Westie Syncro '93 Neighbor to Tiny Tim Smith