Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 23 Dec 1996 21:52:10 -0500
From:         "lbart" <lbart@preferred.com>
Subject:      '81 Westy gets a bath

Hey all, Today was the first time I really had a chance to wash the '81 Westy since I've had it. I had hosed and wiped it down a couple days ago because it was covered with road salt (that stuff gets EVERYWHERE!) from the snow/ice driving adventure. I wanted to get that salt off pronto. So I gave it a quickie bath a couple days ago, once over on the body and hose off the wheel wells and frame. Today I actually washed it as it was sunny and in the low 60's (in December!!) and the previous day's rain had washed all the salt off the roads.

Man, that Vanagon has a LOT of surface area to wash. Whew! It took a while to wash it and then it took even longer to wax it. At least now it's got a bit of protection for the paint. While getting intimate with the nether regions of my Vanagon I found a few places that are in need of some touch-up paint, so I'm taking care of that.

I also tested the city water connection for the first time (with the garden hose). Found a leak where the hose hooks up to the faucet under the sink. Tightened the connection with my 19mm wrench and no more leak.

Anyway, the Westy is looking better than it ever has. It cleans up really nicely :) . That medium blue paint shining in the sun :) . The white-painted wheels really look sharp with that blue paint. Especially when you clean all the brake dust and other crud off the wheels :) .

Man, I love that bus!

Sean