Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 20 Jan 97 17:20:11
From:         mdstockr <mdstockr@neo.lrun.com>
Subject:      RE: weird mouse story [F]

Had a similar experience myself.

Last spring I was visiting my parents and my father commented that his Sears lawn tractor would not start.

I could not get any spark from the ignition, so I took the the tin surrounding the cylinder off to check the ignition.

I found that all of the spaced for air cooling the cylinder was filled with material from a mouse's nest, includig a dead mouse (it seems my father put some poison out last fall to keep mice out of the shed).

The engine wouldn't start because the mouse chewed through the ignition wire.

I figure my father was lucky that the mouse chewed through the wire, because he would have cooked the engine if it had started.

-----------------End of Original Message-----------------

Michael Stocker <mdstockr@neo.lrun.com> North Canton, Ohio, USA Date: 1/20/97 Time: 5:20:11 PM ___________________________________________