Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         1 Jan 97 21:36:36
From:         Karl G Vochatzer/AMR <Karl_G_Vochatzer@notes.amrcorp.com>
Subject:      Re: Syncro Convention! :)

I, too, have noticed this phenomenon at REI, even here in Dallas where you have to look long and hard for a vanagon! Karl 88GL (what is it this week?)

74301.2203 @ COMPUSERVE.COM ("Charles \"luke\" Lukey") 01/01/97 10:04 AM To: vanagon @ lenti.med.umn.edu (Multiple recipients of list) @ Internet cc: (bcc: Karl G Vochatzer/AMR) Subject: Syncro Convention! :)

>> I pulled into the parking lot of the REI (Recreational Equipment Inc) here in Spokane today and parked next to another Syncro. It was a 90 or 91, and silver colored. While walking across the parking lot I past ANOTHER Syncro. This one was a white 86 or 87 GL Camper. I couldn't believe it. Including mine, there were THREE Syncros in one small (15-20 cars) parking lot. I thought I might meet one of the owners when I came out of the store, but both were gone when I returned. I wonder if either of the other Syncro owners noticed the abundance of Syncros?? Wouldn't happen to be anyone on the list would it?? <<

I did a little Christmas shopping at the REI here in Seattle last week. Parked my '86 GL on the street. Came back later to find a red Syncro about 5 spaces away and another one, gray metallic, across the street. Must be something about REI that brings out the manly adventurer Vanagons...

Charles "Luke" Lukey Windup Technology, Inc. Seattle, WA

!^NavFont01F000FQGJHHF2QHF4HIE0BE2C