Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 22 Jan 97 20:18:14
From:         mdstockr <mdstockr@neo.lrun.com>
Subject:      RE: Buzzing Fuel Pump

By the way, mine failed on my wife's Audi.

It failed after only 60,000 mi, so I checked into a possible cause.

It turned out that a fuel line was kinked between the pump and the engine, as installed by the factory. This caused excessive back pressure and premature pump failure.

You might want to check into this if your pump fails with relatively low mileage.

-----------------End of Original Message-----------------

Michael Stocker <mdstockr@neo.lrun.com> North Canton, Ohio, USA Date: 1/22/97 Time: 8:18:14 PM ___________________________________________