Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 23 Jan 97 20:30:30
From:         mdstockr <mdstockr@neo.lrun.com>
Subject:      RE: Temperature needle low: thermostat or sensor?

Before I ordered a new sensor, I would pull the old one and check for corrosion.

Corrosion around the sensor where it screws into the engine will affect ground and can cause a change in gauge reading.

Simply clean it up, apply an antisieze compound, screw it back in and see what kind of readings you get.

-----------------End of Original Message-----------------

Michael Stocker <mdstockr@neo.lrun.com> North Canton, Ohio, USA LiMBO / GASS 8:30:30 PM 1/23/97 ________________________________________________