Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 24 Jan 1997 23:18:39 -0500 (EST)
From:         TStone8359@aol.com
Subject:      Fwd: Looking for roof rack clamps

I have a roofrack originally installed on my old '67 split that I now use on my Vanagon. I measured the distance between the rain gutters on each side of the roof at the places where the rack sits. I put the rack on the garage floor and marked the distance that I needed to stretch the rack legs. I used the torch to heat up each leg and pulled it out half the distance on each side. The split 1/2 length rack looks great sitting on the roof of my Vanagon.

Tom

'77 Bus '85 Westie '87 GL --------------------- Forwarded message: >From: jonr@empire.net (JonR) Sender: vanagon@lenti.med.umn.edu Reply-to: jonr@empire.net To: vanagon@lenti.med.umn.edu (Multiple recipients of list) Date: 97-01-22 12:11:47 EST

For any interested parties with Split Westy Pop-top...

I have a Full length metal Roof rack with all 6 hold down clamps that was modified by PO to fit over Pop-top ( he cut out the center section of the rack so you have front and rear 1/3 roof storage areas)

as this will not fit my '73 westy pop-top I am willing to let this go for $150...or best reasonable offer

I'm located in Nashua NH, on the MA/NH border

This will also fit Bay window Hard-top Busses as well as as splittie Hard-tops and sunroofs...

JonR