Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 24 Jan 1997 21:21:41 -0700 (MST)
From:         vanbondo@primenet.com (Rusty VanBondo)
Subject:      Arizona Bus meet~ Tucson 2/22-23/97

Corona de TucsonII Mounds of the legandary tie-dyed Arizona Bus Club T-shirts, raffle prizes 'Top 20' car show trophies, etc. etc. All at a measely cost of $5.00 per car <van> load. Word has it that their are more people from El Paso area are to attend. A rather large group from several clubs is caravaning over from California. Box on Wheels and VTO usually support Arizona Bus Club events and vice versa! =) The event should be even bigger and better than last year. In case you didnt make last years even, plans for the weekend includes raffles, swapping, car show with the top twenty cars getting a trophy, camp fires, camping, a breakfast at the VFW on Sunday morning. Prices at the Post are extremely reasonable. The view of the Tucson lights (at a distance) at night is wonderful. Funky Arizona! Ya'' come!!!!

>From Phoenix: The caravan fron PHX will meet at the Incredible Universe parking lot at Baseline Road and I-10 at 06:30 (AM) Saturday, 2/22/97. THe club plans to leave and be on the road by 07:00 (AM). A pit stop in Tol Tec is planned. THe club will be in touch with the membership in Tucson to see if a stop can be made to make a larger caravan from Tucson to Corona de Tucson.

Corona de Tucson is small community about 10 miles SE of Tucson. For more information please call Jon Stanton at (602) 877-8662 or Jerry at (602) 867-7672 during "polite" hours MTS time. Tell them that VanBondo from the "internet thing" said to call.

VanBondo is working toward christening the '67 RFH Westy for it's innaugural flight on this trip. Come and scrutinize the heck out of it. Possibly an excorsism will be performed to rid it of its deamons!!! Come and give it your blessings. -ellis\