Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 25 Jan 1997 19:01:19 -0800
From:         <mac.chen@ix.netcom.com>
Subject:      Re: mech in northen VA

I have had several people highly recommend Rainers in the DC area as an outstanding VW mechanic, have heard he even owns a vanagon, but every time I've talked with him (first for engine replacement question, second for coolant replacement) he's basically told me I'd be wasting his time and my money by putting anything into a Vanagon, as the "engine is going to start leaking coolant at 40k no matter what." It wasn't what I wanted to hear, and he didn't sound too enthusiastic about accepting my business, even stating that special scheduling would have to be arranged because the Vanagons take up so much room in the shop. So, I too need my coolant replaced, the local dealer will do a flush and fill for 150 dollars, expensive but possibly worth it for peace of mind. However, I would also be interested in having an experienced listmember doing the coolant thing (and showing me how). How about a coolant changing party? Line em up, flush em out.

Scott '84 Westy (new 2.1)