Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 28 Jan 1997 16:22:17 -0400 (AST)
From:         smitht@unb.ca (Tim Smith)
Subject:      Re: 1981Vanagon Double Cab:  My '85's FS!!

> --------------- >Has 87' Wolfsburg trim, interior and exterior. Repainted >"Orly Blue". Waterboxer engine 2.1L, AT,PS,PW,PDL,PM,AC, >5 - 87' Alloy wheels included (not mounted). Very good >condition, runs excellenty. Photos to serious buyers. >$13,995.00 call Rich @ 916-771-5714 Calif. > >

OK folks, this is insane pricing. I'm starting to crack. OK.. I'll sell my '85 Crewcab autobox for half this, or less even. Everything works and well, needs nothing (well clean bumpers would help), extremely solid, minimal seam rust (too stiff to flex) Sorry no canopy, but I'd want $2500 more anyhow. So send the money today! After seeing $19.5K for a Syncro last week these numbers are too crazy to resist. My wife has taken over the Audi, and 4 cars is too many. Make me an offer I can't refuse and I'll deliver it stateside as far south as Boston. That's about 10hrs from me, it is reliable. You of course will be handling importation details... :( (and I'll help!) :)

Seriously folks, it's on the block! Tim

Details:

1985 1.9l CrewCab Transporter (box stock, no frills/no mods) colour: in original and shiney white with black trim (complete). interior: black/black-grey check seats 6: 1+2 front, 3 rear (no walkthrough) mileage 203,400Kms heads done about 75K kms/4yrs ago, no leaks!! muffler/pipes/hangers all solid 3 spd autotrans, shifts tightly and at VW shift points, no clunks suspension/shafts/steering all good no underside rust, rust in dogleg under gas cap tires: brand new Goodyear Eagles M+S 205/70/14 on rear, fronts are FLAPS M+S rear/side gates intact/undented, same with cargo bay doors (one hinge pin needed) Includes bra (needs some flyscreen/mesh repair) matching black tonneau cover for rear, (which needs more stitching)

I am second owner, was bought originally as family vehicle, never used for work. Bed is undamaged, slats intact, except 1.5 missing, so I tend to believe the PO. Can't think of what else, your turn. tim