Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         28 Jan 97 13:03:42 PST
From:         CARVER_JEFFREY@aphub.aerojetpd.com (Jeff Carver)
Subject:      Re: still confused

My 13 years of Vanagon Westi ownership has been good. But now that I have 3 kids, it's tough to go camping with all of them (seatbelted that is). With this change I have been lurking on this discussion on the desireability of seating and camping. My re-design ideas of the Westi interior may be of interest, but usually not.

A minimum for camping for us would be, pop-top, full width rear seat/bed, sink and stove. Fridge is optional and can easily be replaced with a ice chest. Don't need the storage cabinets on the side. Use duffle bags, suitcases, packs etc. That sink/stove combo is just too nice to give up, but it's too long to allow full width rear seat.

I would like to start with a 90/91 MultiVan layout. Rear facing seats behind front, fold up table, LR cabiner, pop-top. All I need is a place to put the sink/stove unit (could be self contained and removeable with propane and water tanks included?) Behind the passenger? and can be replaced with seat for 7th person? for non-camping. Still need seats for 5 in the camping section, but still be nice to have 7 for non-camping.

I like having the rear left cabinet for tools and spares (it IS a VW remember).

Now if Vanagons had the dual opening doors from a Split, the sink/stove could be attached to the doors. Where's that cutting torch?!

Any other bizarramundo ideas out there?

- Jeff '80 Westi, and another one that may get transmogrified into the above.