Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 02 Jan 1997 10:04:39 +0000
From:         Brian Verbeek <verbeek@the-hague.stbv.slb.com>
Subject:      Re: need BUS badge

Rodney wrote:

>Your subject line >made me think you wanted a badge that said, "BUS".

These badges came on some Transporters/Vanagons. I think only on 7 or 9 seaters. There were/are a few different badges available:

Transporter Transporter D Bus Camping Volkswagen Vanagon Carravelle

Maybe even more, maybe 'Syncro', 'Carravelle Carat', 'Transporter C', 'Transporter CL', 'Transporter GL', i dono.

The only ones i've seen in the newer Transporter/Vanagon badge-style are the 'Transporter', 'Volkswagen' and 'Carravelle' Badges. Most of them are still available through my local dealer though i had some trouble ordering a 'Carravelle' badge for a fellow listmember. Most of them are between 15 and 20 US dollars. Most of them are interchangable, but i think the 'Bus' badge will leave one of the holes exposed or requires different holes.

I've also seen chrome 'Transporter', 'Multivan' and 'Carravelle' badges for the T4 eurovans and also a 'Transporter' sticker of the same size/font but with silver letters, it is meant for T4 pickups.

The questions regarding model differences between countries and the fact that VW dealers are not very cooperative when it comes to ordering parts that were intended for another country/market makes me wonder about the microfiches, does/did VWoA issue different fiches for the US dealers? Does someone have a Vanagon Fiche? If so, does it list a 'Transporter' badge? Or a KM/h speedo? Or if you have a '68-'79 fiche, does it list the different taillight lenses? Or the different hazard-light-switch-knob-lenses???

Brian.