Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 9 Jan 1997 19:17:10 -0500 (EST)
From:         David Raistrick <xi8940@freenet.tlh.fl.us>
Subject:      More snow driving, and a bit of non-vw at the bottom..

Well...today was my first REAl experiance of driving on snow and ice. Missouri has these "phase" or something, about snow emergancies..we were in phase 2 this moring..

it means, phase 1, that if you are caught blocking traffic, without snowtires or snowchains/cables, you will get ticketed...phase 2 is blocking emergancy snow routes....(according to the radio this morning..:)

to some, i'm sure this is nothing new..but hey..we dont have this tuff in Georiga..:)

Anyhow...all of my old pizza delivery time paid off well toay. (wet roads and parking lots, i'd fish around just for the hell of it, and to keep in practive when i needed it..:)

at 7 am, all the KS roads had been cleared, but the MO crews were sleeping in...but i had to get to work!!:)

just driving around the block (all one wya...) was fun!:)

slide this wya, turn thata way, keep sliding the new way, fix that, again, and finially straight..all at good slow speeds..:)

took me about twice as long to get to work, but that was fine...it took the other guy just as long, and he only live 5 miles away..:)

right before i got to the sight i had to install today, i fished it, for the hell of it..middle of a halfbuilt subdivison, no cars parked, no kids, and wide roads, with gently sloping curbs...

well..i kicked just a tad to hard..:)

on around, 180 degrees, then slid sideways up into a yard..over that (thankfully!) gently sloped curb...

forgt to stick the clutch in amongst al the steering, so the engine was dead by the time i stopeed...but at 10 miles er hour, it was terrific fun!!:)

pulled out fo the yard (later that day, the movers arrived and moved the fmily in..!!:) and went to work...

but the bus handled great on the snow and all..

now, the WIND on the way home on the other hand....:)

now, for the mentioned nonvw content..

Junk eamil. We've all experianced it right?

now, somepoeple hae to pay for each and every email message they recieve. but these companys do these bulk emailings dont care!! and they dont usually listen when you ask them to stop. its not like on can realy prove that they ever recive your request!

so...we need to do something about this...

got any lawyers or lawstudents out there?

how about EFF'ers/?

any one want to write some coherent messges i cna send to the EFF, and post on the web, and what not?

ideas?

anyone?

anyow...david the ever incoherent....

-- Mo.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.oM Keeper Of The Light: Pushing Back The Darkness at http://www.armory.com/~y21cvb/west/darkness.html