Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 11 Jan 1997 21:07:16 -0800 (PST)
From:         Lund <hdccs@mail.telis.org>
Subject:      Re: VW America denies recall

My experience with VW America has not been a "joy" either. When my 78 Bus lost the rear oil galley plug(popped out, thus losing all the oil) the engine was wasted. When I talked with the VW people about this design problem, they said that since the engine had a 100k that it was not their problem.

Latter I had problems with my 85 sliding door not closing all the way. Bringing up the national recall on this problem, VW said "OH yes, we will fix this condition for you." The customer service rep noted that the repair had been completed by the previous owner, but "if it is the same problem, we will fix again at VW"s expense. When I brought it to the local dealer, they told me they would half to get approval from VW to do the repair work. When I called VW of America back, their tune had changed. Now they stated "that since the repair had been already been done once, VW of America is not responsible for additional repair work." When I reminded the rep, that he had already promised to take care of the problem, there was a long silence and then a denial that he had ever promised to take care of things for me. When I asked to talk to a supervisor, the person I got told me that the service rep I delt with would never have promise service. When I asked to speak to someone higher, I was informed that was no one higher at VW I could talk to.

This was my experience with VW of America.

Gee, will I buy a new VW next time?

Bill Lund