Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 15 Jan 1997 07:00:36 -0500
From:         Dino Kubik <KubikD@em.agr.ca>
Subject:      Engine swap, Vin & other options.

In a message dated 97-01-13 06:46:28 EST, koopmann@lvd.com.ar (TOM KOOPMANN) writes:

<< I am a proud owner of a VW type II from 1956 (Bus). I am thinking of swapping in a chevrolete 6 cylinder engine in the middle = of the bus........ >>

Tom:

Right on.

Try the folks using the "VW air-cooled" news group. I am shure they will gladly share past experiences doing similar conversions and provide all kinds of help and technical information. You may find a member of the news group willing to help.

Sounds like an exciting project.

Post your street address and I'm shure a few "vw-water cooled" news group members will drop by your house.

You will likely want to install: seal-skin seat covers; leopard-skin floor mats; a whale-bone shifter knob; and, 2 nucular war heads (small ones) as side view mirrors.

Warning don't tell the folks in the "vw-water cooled" news group about the war heads...they may wish to install these in another location... and that location will not be on the bus nor will that location be visiable to you (ouch!!).

Good Luck With The Project

Dino KubiK