Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 15 Jan 97 08:57:32 -0800
From:         vince_pappalardo@om.cv.hp.com
Subject:      Re: Has This Happened to You

An alternative if you don't want to buy the adapter is to find a tire place or gas station with a old fashioned bubble balancer. I have used both the modern spin balancers and the bubble balancer on the same wheels and they do about the same job unless you regularly cruse over 70mph (not likely in a VW).

Vince.

______________________________ Reply Separator _________________________________ Subject: Re: Has This Happened to You Author: Non-HP-vanagon (vanagon@lenti.med.umn.edu) at HP-Corvallis,shargw1 Date: 1/15/97 7:10 AM

"R. A. \"Pete\" SELLERS" <sellersp@midmonet.net> writes: >Later, I purchased two tires at a "reliable" Goodyear dealer. It was not >until AFTER the tires had been mounted on rims that the dealer-person >told me they did not have the equipment to balance the tires. > >I'm now searching the are for some firm/entity with the equipment get >the tires balanced.

J.C. Whitney sells an adapter that allows older VW wheels with the giant hole in the center to be mounted/balanced on modern equipment.

Pat Walsh, '71 Westy, walshp@camry.nawc-ad-indy.navy.mil