Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 16 Jan 1997 09:00:22 -0500
From:         Dino Kubik <KubikD@em.agr.ca>
Subject:      Fridge - Rapid Fire It & Brass PLug

Louise:

The "electric" pilot light is key to me -it is above the unit and has a little toggle switch turning it and an indicators for water levels and maybe battlery power?

A first start sucks but after it is gooing you can shut her down for gas fill ups and re-start in no time.

I keep my unit on high and it runs A-1 on the highway.

To start the propane you need patience (period) plus this advice and that little green pilot light. Forget that hole inside the fridge -I think it is a joke played on both of us.

First turn on metalic toggle switch with indicater lights for stove/water (above unit and below sink) and remove fridge door.

1-park the van where you can not be seen - this process attracts attention.

2 -get a milk carton or little stood and sit on it in front of unit- or put a towel on floor and knee (use towel for crying into if need be)

3. turn 3 way switch to propane

4. turn fridge to max

5 pump that little shit anout 50 times but do not depress pump full distance this fires spark.

6 press that thumb button for 10 secs

7 pull pump1/4 out and full in to fire spark as fast as you can - may be 20 times or until hands gets sore.

8 watch that electric indicater light above unit

9 when light goes on start pumping full strokes - (but not in to fire) and keep thumb on that button untill green electric pilot light get very bright

10 if you get no "electic" light going on stop and go to step "5."

11 if after 5 mimutes or hands get sore -turn your attention to other matter for 5 minutes and start again

BRASS PLUG There is a brass plug in my "Domestic" fridge that has a little chain on it. I understood from the manual that it is used to drain water from the unit in case some gets in the vent.