Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 18 Jan 1997 12:41:54 -0800
From:         Ron Lussier <coyote@zuni.chaco.com>
Subject:      Re: Child cot in Vanagon

At 10:39 PM 1/17/97 -0600, Jim Digennaro wrote: >Hi Volks, > I saw this question on the list and had to respond. > >>Has anyone else ever seen a childs cot for a Vanagon Westy? >I didn't know they existed. > >As far as I know, they do not. However, I have put one in my '82. I found >a good cot with one pole from '73 and had a good pole from a '79 and >combined the 2. I didn't put much effort into the job. Basically my wife >and I held the poles up and found where the fit best. Marked the spot, put >of the brakets and TaDaaa, a bed. I use the slider (from '79) for the >front pole. It can safely be extended out past the fixed poles, making it >fit the front window better. Anyway, there isn't alot of room between the >cot and the roof of the camper (about 2 feet), but my daughter lovers it. >There is a space on each end of the cot that I neatly fill with the seats. >The headrest stick up nicely filling the space. One problem I have >encounted is the curtain. I can't bring myself to cut it, so I place dark >blanks (until I get something better) on the outside of the front windows. >I hood them in place with the doors. Well, thats my 2 cents. Take care.

Jim,

They actually do exist. Looking in the Westfalia catalog dated 9/93, there is clearly a "Kinderbetten / Ablagen im Faherhaus" shown. The text reads:

Zum Einhagen quer im Faherhaus; 2 Teleskopstangen mit hochwertigem Segeltuch; bis 40 kg belastbar. Gewicht: 4kg.

Unfortunately, it wasn't listed on the 5/96 price list, so it may be out of stock. They don't seem to make one for the Eurovan, surprisingly enough.

Ron

-- Ron 'Coyote' Lussier /\_/\ ____ Chaco Communications (408) 865-0657 ( ) \ _/__ 10164 Parkwood Drive #8 coyote@chaco.com \ / \X / Cupertino, CA 95014-1533 (1990 VW Westfalia Camper) \_/ \/ http://www.chaco.com/~coyote