Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 03 Feb 1997 11:00:34 -0500
From:         H. Edie Menkus <HEMENKU@westvaco.com>
Subject:      Opinions of a VW Camper

Hello,

My husband and I have been looking for a VW camper. We can't afford at this time a very expensive one and we also want to make sure we will use and enjoy one before spending lots of money.

This past weekend there was a listing in our local paper for a 1978 VW Camper Deluxe Near mint condition, new engine $5600 firm.

I called about it and he said ...

the engine has 20,000 and is a rebuilt VW 2000cc with good torque about 20miles to the gal. Bought it when it was 6 months old and has kept very good care of it. He used it to aid him in his free-lance photography work. He has only camped in it a few times and says that all the features work. All screens (some that have never been out of the box) ( I wouldn't know what all the screens would include.) a baby hammock tent pop-top sleeps four (small people) sink, refrig, stove w/ 2 burners fold out table 4 seat belts, fronts have the non-extending shoulder strap. alarm, with a 2mile radius remote Mitch. XVX tires AM/FM stereo (maybe a CD) heat/air (I think)

I think the price is a bit high, but it does come with all useable equipment and is semi local, and should be clean :).

Is this a high price and what kind of questions should I ask about the performance and /or is there things I should know about this year camper?

I will have to drive a little bit to go look at it want some advise first. Thank you in advance for any opinions.

Edie Menkus 1986 mazda GLC wagon South Carolina