Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 3 Feb 1997 13:21:36 -0800 (PST)
From:         Steve Johnson <sjohnson@pcocd2.intel.com>
Subject:      2nd battery installation question

I'm going to be installing a second (deep cycle) battery in the hidden compartment between the water tank compartment and the lower storage compartment that has the circuit breaker panel in it. I would like to know from those that have already installed a battery in this compartment, if you had any problems fitting your battery in there? I presume that the wiring running on the floor has to be moved and I'm not certain about the circuit breaker panel? It seems awfully tight in there. The dimensions I came up with for a battery to fit were: H = 8" x L ~ 8 - 9" x D ~ 4 - 5". That was with the circuit breaker panel in it's current position. I've read in the archives that those of you that did this installation have moved the interior wood panel by about 1 inch to accomodate the depth and length of the battery. This seems easy enough if that's all I need to do to make it fit. I also assume that you all used some kind of battery tray to protect the floor?

I'd really appreciate some detailed input on this so that I don't have to fumble around too much.

Oh, brands and sizes of batteries would be useful too.

Thanks for any inputs.

Steven

sjohnson@pcocd2.intel.com