Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 27 Feb 1997 03:19:49 -0500 (EST)
From:         JordanView@aol.com
Subject:      wasserboxer gas htr

In a message dated 97-02-25 05:02:12 EST, loudesign@mindspring.com (Louise Christensen) writes:

<< >I've never heard of an Eberspacher control panel mounted there. Are you sure >it's an Eberspacher??

>Yes, I can READ. Amazing, how those letters work. You need to get around more. >>

I need to get around more?? seriously, the gas heaters ARE rare on the US wasserboxers. The reason I asked if your van was a Canadian model was that usually all Canadian syncro's had gas heaters (Webasto BBW46 w/ digital readout on dash), and the Eberspacher gas heaters were a popular option on the regular Canadian vans too..

But not here in the US.

you had mentioned that your van was previously owned by a "German Gentleman" I take it that this then is a european model, not a model made for US export, and that the "German Gentleman" had it shipped over here himself. If this was the case, it would probably say "Caravelle GL" instead of "Vanagon".

If it was an european model, it would explain the gas heater's presence on the van, but do any of you other European listmembers that have gas htrs on your wasserboxers have the control panel mounted in the RR quarter panel?

Jens in Denmark??? I know he has a gas heater on his '86 Caravelle GL.

anybody else??

chris