Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 27 Feb 1997 22:34:35 +0000
From:         vwbus@netbiz.net
Subject:      '73 FREE PARTS DC THIS WEEKEND

Well I bought a '73 sight unseen and I will be parting it at Steve Dolan's parents in Springfield VA this weekend, god willing.

Anyway basically the engine and tranny are already spoken for for Steve as is the front glass, nearly anything else (not much I admit) is available. The front axle is the only other thing of possible value, it is free to someone who needs it and shows up for it but I have no idea of it's condition. Hell the whole Bus may be just jim dandy shape but I'm pulling it to parts regardless (famous last words). Anyone who wants any rear glass or body panel with the exception of the sliding door is welcome to take em. I intend to part on Saturday afternoon and Sunday, drop me email and I'll give directions. Interior is of course available as are dash, lights, trim, etc. Also features a set of only barely used Baby Dellorto carbs on T4 manifolds (34mm FRD's maybe?), these will however be for sale to the best offer, I have no idea what they go for now days, better than $250 I expect, as I said offers. I will get Steve to post a better description of what's available on Saturday after we see it.

Anyway, Steve, Sean, and I will be there, anyone else is welcome for the sheer learning experience of ripping a Bus to shreds if nothing else.

On a PS, does anyone know if the '73 has the later sliding door, as I need it for the '78 but am not sure exactly when all the body changes were completed, when the lock changed, etc.

John vwbus@netbiz.net