Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 4 Feb 1997 05:20:48 -0500 (EST)
From:         TStone8359@aol.com
Subject:      Fwd: *Greetings From The Independent Traveler*

--------------------- Forwarded message: >From: TraveINews@AOL.COM Sender: TRAVELNEWS-L@LISTSERV.AOL.COM (**Greetings From The Independent Traveler!**) Reply-to: traveinews@AOL.COM To: TRAVELNEWS-L@LISTSERV.AOL.COM Date: 97-02-02 21:37:58 EST

Hello from the Independent Traveler! There are only a couple more days l= eft of the current airfare war (it ends Feb. 4), and the airlines have been q= uiet for the past few days, and we suspect it's the quiet before the next stor= m, so keep your eyes on the Bargain Box, where we guarantee to post all the details before anyone else but the airlines themselves (and sometimes we = beat even them)!

Recently, after looking through our mail, we've become aware that there i= s some confusion about the purpose and function of this newsletter. The newsletter is a service we provide to keep you informed about everything that's happening at The Independent Traveler. However, we don't have the resources to reply to requests for specific fare quotes, and we don't boo= k fares or function as a travel agent. Everything you see mentioned in thi= s newsletter is available in complete form in The Independent Traveler at Keyword : Traveler, or IT. Additionally, you can find our chat schedules= , airline 800 numbers, and all the great deals listed here, as well as much more. So, for instance, if you have a specific question about the bargai= ns listed here, go to the Bargain Box for the complete info.

IF YOU WISH TO BE TAKEN OFF THE LIST, PLEASE READ! There is no charge fo= r this mailing, and you will receive mail only from the Independent Travele= r, not from other recipients of the list. =20 However, if you wish to be taken off the list, DO NOT HIT REPLY. Simply = send the following message to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.AOL.COM 1. In the *TEXT* field, type the following exactly as shown: SIGNOFF TRAVELNEWS-L <user-name@aol.com> Do not include the brackets. Example: SIGNOFF TRAVELNEWS-L travelgal@aol.com

User-name is the screen name at which you receive the newsletter -- if yo= u are not on AOL, use your actual email address. It doesn't matter what yo= u put in the subject line. That should do it, but we hope you like the newsletter enough to stay wit= h us!

This Week In The Independent Traveler:

-- The current airfare war ends Feb. 4; great SENIOR discounts on many airlines, and deals across equator or ocean, state lines and date lines!

-- Chats on topics including Disney, traveling with the family, and money-saving tips in Shoestring Travel!

-- Share your knowledge, and learn from the experience of other members = on our Travel Boards!

-- A Winter Rail Pass Special Offer, Exclusively For AOL members from Rai= l Pass Express! Check the What's New section of the Independent Traveler!

RIGHT NOW IN THE BARGAIN BOX: Several New Items Every Day! $736 Roundtrip to Singapore from the East Coast, Many other Cities! $89 Boston-Atlanta, $49 Boston- Wash. DC! Senior Discounts on several airlines! Fly Three Times, Get the Fourth Flight Free! Half-Price Companion Fares to New Zealand, Australia, Fiji Extended!

ALSO: 50% Off BritRail Classic And Flexipass Rail Passes! $119 LA-Detriot! $69 Newark-Tampa! System-Wide Sale on America West! AND LOTS MORE!

THIS WEEK IN THE TRAVEL CAFE, The Travel Channel's Hoppin'-est Chat Room!= ! Monday: our monthly Disney Chat at 9PM, Family Travel at 10PM! Tuesday: Ask A Travel Guide at 9PM; Cafe Apres at 10PM! Wednesday: Shoestring Travel at 10PM. Friday: Time Shares at 9 PM! Saturday: goober's Travel Caf=E9 at 9PM! Sunday: Joe Bisignani, author of Hawaii Handbook, joins us at 9PM; Down Under Travel at 10PM! Monday: The monthly First Monday Disney at 9PM; Family Travel at 10 PM!