Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 4 Feb 1997 11:39:30 -0500 (EST)
From:         SyncroHead@aol.com
Subject:      Update: 88 Vanagon with "thing" on steering column??

Last I wrote:

> Sorry, I've seen the little thumwheel style knobs there for heated seats and > this is not anything like a thumwheel. It looks like a little electronic > display of some sort.

I have contacted the owner of the 88 Westy in question and he doesn't know what the "thing" is. He had apparently never noticed it. He said that he would look at it and see if he can figure out what it is & get back to me.

That was a week ago and I have not heard back from him yet. The van is for sale though. I gave him instructions on how to subscribe to the list and suggested that he place an ad on the list. Of course, you all know that a used car in Phoenix will have no rust, it will however have a "thing" on the steering column. I haven't seen his ad appear on the list either though.

Regards, Jim Davis 87 GL Syncro 88 GL Wolfsburg