Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 5 Feb 1997 00:03:10 -0500
From:         campvw@isys.ca (Perry Gauthier)
Subject:      HELP THE VOLKSWAGEN GODS HATE ME!}:(

I've just got into the volkswagen thing about 2 years ago. I bought my van just before winter and stored the thing because it had never been winter driven. When we took it out this summer we put 30,000 worry free miles on our vanagon. Since this is our only vehicle now we have to drive it in the winter.:( This winter has been hell for the van. First the heater motor, then the sliding door thing, now this running on three cylinders thing! The Vw dub mechanics here in Sudbury Ontario SUCK. I've replaced spark plug wires, cap and rotor, fuel filters, that expensive o2 sensor. After replacing the o2 sensor I thought the whole problem was fixed. But tonight my wife tells me that the thing is acting up again. I don't know what else to look for????? It seems like the engine is missing aon one off the cylinder under load? When it rev's up to higher rpm's it seem to kick that 4th cylinder in. I will change the spark plugs, I have bosch platinum's in the van know. I really don't want to bring my van back to the dealer. They have cost me $500,00 in two weeks.

Ps If I can't find the problem I will have to sell our van:(:( Please help u guys have been great in the past. I've fixed most of the other stuff with your help but this one driving me nuts.!