Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 07 Feb 1997 11:40:31 +0200
From:         zeidler@NTCNTG02DU.ntc.nokia.com (Zeidler Helmut NTC/Dusseld.)
Subject:      Re: SA Rear windows- hey, they open

>if you look very carefully, you'll see that the windows are larger than the >euro/us/canadian vanagons. :( and notice that the side body panels are NOT >the same shape ... the trim indention is gone and the sides are flatter. >take a look at the rear air intakes, too.

>makes you wonder if they'd make one in left-hand drive. :) >joel

Sorry Joel,

- But I can not see any differences in the window sizes. - The side body panels are looking same, except the small body cladding at the front door. This body cladding are available as after-market on full length of the van. Note that SA Vanagons have no right sliding door. - I think the trim indentation only looking like gone, this could be more an effect of the picture. - The rear intake is an additional plastic part. This is available as an after-market too. And it fits the German Vanagons. I saw it mounted on a van. And on my feeling, it is looking odd. - The only difference, but I'm not sure, is the more rounded face of the SA Vanagon. I compared it with the test report about SA Vanagons in the V@L archives. When you look carefully on the outer headlights, they sit a little bit backwards. When you look carefully at the right and left edge of the upper grille, it looks like they are coming a little bit forward then the regular we know. Taking this into account I guess the upper face of the SA Kombi around the upper grille comes a little bit out and makes the face more rounded. And VW SA is using the standard headlights with the old frames. - I do not wonder, VW SA only makes left-hand driven cars.

Helmut '80 Camper