Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 7 Feb 1997 14:15:55 -0800
From:         am1973@monika.ds.boeing.com (Andrew Mera 773-1287)
Subject:      Re: K2 EuroVans and body trims

This thread has been getting further and further from the apparent interests of hard-core VW tinkerers, but today is Friday, so just a few more words on the looks of the all-white EV.

Given the low number of VW vans exported and sold in America in recent years, I can understand VW having settled on a single color. I also find the Winnebago interior quite appealing; the unpractical floor-to-ceiling carpeting of the earlier Westies was the reason that I kept my 78 Bus for so long.

I agree that if one cares to have a car with some "personality", then the EV is crying out for an exterior addition. The K2 trim, although not my personal choice, does have the personality of the wild skier: lots of color against white snow. Several of us EV'ers have the black front bra, but Dan's mural or Drew's panties are not my idea of addition. I also think that too many cars out there today don't gain from stripes.

Still, it is possible, with a few strokes of color, to give a very new image. For example, back in 1977, I bought a new white VW Rabbit: with a red interior and a few thin red stripes on the outside, it was called a "Wild White Rabbit"; it wasn't a convertible, but it went perfectly with my wife's image, in those days, of the new Californian.

In closing, now we're again environmentally conscious, nature-loving, Washingtonian moss-backs. We stay away from the TV watching, air-conditioned Winnebagger in the RV park, and we'd like to advertize it discretely with the stripes I imagine, but have not yet seen. Maybe this is a theme for the new camper to pick up as a sales pitch.

Andy Mera 95 EV Winnefrog, looking for the magic to turn into a Winneprince