Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 7 Feb 1997 18:08:11 -0500 (EST)
From:         SyncroHead@aol.com
Subject:      OEM Flourescent Light Source

Vanatics,

I've come across a source for replacement (or additional) 12VDC flourescent light fixtures that are the ones that VW used in 87-89 Wolfsburg and 1989-1991 Carat model Vanagons (perhaps others as well).

The light fixture is: Thin Lite Model 171 Made in USA, 8W 17-5/8" long x 2-3/8" wide x 1-1/8" thick The bulb is 11-1/4" long, 8W and is included.

Price: $29.95

These are very nice units compared to those at JCWhitney (I have one of those in my 87 Syncro) and I can find no visible differences to the ones VW used. I believe that these are the exact model that VW choose as OEM.

They can be purchased at: RV Accessory Center 14324 E. Valley Blvd. City of Industry, CA 91746

Phones: (818)330-0091, (818)330-0168 Fax: (818)968-4866

They'll be moving to a larger facility a few miles away April 31, 1997. After then they can be reached at:

RV Accessory Center 14153 E. Garvey Ave. Baldwin Park, CA 91706

Phones: (818)338-2076

Their hours (Pacific time of course) are: M-F: 9-6 SAT: 9-5 SUN: Closed

I spoke with Victoria Simpson there (she was very nice) and she said that they can take credit card phone orders or check/credit card orders through the mail.

They do not have a WWW page yet, but can be reached via email at: RAMVAN1@aol.com

I don't have any vested interest in the supplier, although I am considering replacing the cheap JCWhitney light with one of these nice ones.

Regards, Jim Davis 87 GL Syncro 88 GL Wolfsburg